At Paoli Vetcare we are dedicated to the well-being of your beloved pets. This is why during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we are continuing to see clients with sick pets. On a case-by-case basis, we are vaccinating healthy pets & performing their annual physical exams. Please use TeleVet, our new telemedicine platform, if possible. Otherwise, call & we will work with you to decide the best way for your pet to receive the care it needs. Check back here for updates as the situation is rapidly evolving.
New! – Telemedicine:
Table of Contents
- 1 New! – Telemedicine:
- 2 Authoritative advice for pet owners:
- 3 New Curbside Veterinary Service:
- 4 Self-Isolation, Quarantine, Possible Symptoms, & COVID-19 Positive:
- 5 Daycare & Boarding:
- 6 Pets & COVID-19:
- 7 Changes Paoli Vetcare Made to Protect Human Health:
Paoli Vetcare is now offering remote healthcare services with TeleVet! With the TeleVet mobile app you can easily send requests for virtual appointments to us whenever your pet is sick or injured.
To get started, download the TeleVet app on the App Store or Google Play store, choose Paoli Vetcare as your provider, create a personal profile for your pets (pictures encouraged!).
When you need us, create a consultation request detailing your pet’s symptoms. Then upload pictures, videos, and schedule your appointment through live chat with one of our receptionists.
You will live chat or video call with Dr. Rowan or Dr. Urioste and we will get your pet feeling better again. We look forward to talking with you soon.
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) FAQs
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) FAQs – Scroll down to COVID-19 & Animals section
- CDC Interim Guidance for Public Health Professionals Managing People With COVID-19 in Home Care & Isolation Who Have Pets or Other Animals
New Curbside Veterinary Service:
In order to reduce the risk to both you & our staff, we are no longer allowing clients in the building. Please call from your car when you arrive & we will come out to pick up your pet. Compassionate exceptions are made when necessary, e.g. euthanasia. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns & thank you in advance for understanding.
Self-Isolation, Quarantine, Possible Symptoms, & COVID-19 Positive:
It is critical that you inform us if you or a family member are in any of these categories so we can take the appropriate precautions. Your information is confidential. We will not refuse to help you!
Daycare & Boarding:
- Daycare is currently suspended.
- Boarding is currently available. Pets will be bathed on admission & before leaving. We are accepting pets from COVID-19 positive families. Please inform us so we can take the appropriate precautions. Your information is confidential. We will not refuse to help you!
Pets & COVID-19:
- According to the CDC, there is no evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19 to people. On the other hand, there have been two cases where humans have spread the novel coronavirus, officially named SARS-CoV-2.
- Case 1 was an elderly Hong Kong Pomeranian who died shortly after release from quarantine. The owner refused an autopsy but the death is not believed to be directly related to the virus.
- Case 2 is a Hong Kong German Shepherd who lived with a mixed breed dog that did not test positive for the virus.
- Should testing of pets for SARS-CoV-2 become necessary, the veterinary diagnostic laboratory IDEXX has already developed & validated a test. At this time there is no indication for testing your pet.
- Out of an abundance of caution, if you are sick, restrict contact with pets & other animals, just like you would with people. Have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick. Avoid contact with your pet, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, & sharing food. If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wash your hands before & after you interact with pets & wear a face mask.
Changes Paoli Vetcare Made to Protect Human Health:
- 24 new Purell® touch-free hand washing & sanitizing stations have been added throughout the hospital.
- Trained in proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during COVID-19 pandemic
- Implemented thorough cleaning & disinfecting protocols using the newest technology in disinfection—Oxivir® Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (AHP) by Diversey Care, the leading manufacturer for human healthcare environments.
Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (AHP):
- Next generation disinfectant Oxivir AHP® has the fastest kill time of any disinfectant on the market.
It’s effective against coronavirus in as little as 10 seconds, while most veterinary products require 10 minutes of contact time.
- Not only is Oxivir fast & effective, it is not harmful to the user or animals. All the ingredients are listed on the
- EPA & Health Canada Inerts lists & the FDA Generally Regarded as Safe List.
- Oxivir AHP® products blend commonly used, safe ingredients combined with low levels of hydrogen peroxide, which breaks down to just water & oxygen with use.
- Oxivir AHP® products are exceptionally potent germicides & cleaners.
- The benefits & efficacy of AHP® have been validated by third party clinical studies conducted by scientific organizations & third party researchers that are recognized by government regulatory agencies in Canada, the U.S & Europe.
Learn more about how Oxivir is being used across the globe here:
Everyday we employ a variety of products from the Oxivir line including:
- Oxivir® 1 Wipes – Next generation ready-to-use disinfectant cleaner wipes for frequently touched surfaces that are hard to clean like keyboard, computer monitor, & mouse. Contact time of ONE minute or less, with 75 claims. It’s virucidal, bactericidal, tuberculocidal, & fungicidal, yet meets the lowest EPA toxicity category. Best in class!
- Oxivir® 1 RTU – A ready-to-use spray with all the properties of Oxivir 1 wipes & can be used to disinfect soft surfaces too.
- Oxivir® Five 16 – We use as a floor cleaner. It disinfects hard surfaces in five minutes. Powered by AHP® technology, Oxivir® Five 16 is effective against organisms such as bacteria, viruses & fungi & falls into the lowest hazard category, requiring no safety warnings or personal protective equipment. It is also environmentally safe, as its unique chemistry allows it to break down to oxygen & water after use.