1. Do I need an appointment?
Yes, we usually see patients by appointment. The exception is a serious emergency during oﬃce hours, in that case, start driving to the hospital and call on your way, if possible. New client and second opinion exams are always free. You have a number of convenient ways to schedule an appointment with Paoli Vetcare. Call or text, email, or schedule online.
2. Can I get help over the phone?
Definitely! We are always here to help. We’ll answer questions about fees or help you troubleshoot issues such as:
- Should my pet be seen right away?
- Is there anything I can do right now for my pet at home?
- Is a telemedicine appointment right for my pet’s condition?
3. Does Paoli Vetcare do pet grooming?
At this time, we do not have a we can oﬀer baths with brush-outs and basic trimming/clipping. We aren’t able to do breed-specific clips. We do provide veterinarian-supervised sedation if your dog or cat requires it.
4. Will Paoli Vetcare send my pet’s vaccine records for boarding, grooming, or specialty care?
No problem, just call, text, or email us with the contact info.
5. Do you fill pharmacy prescriptions?
Yes, we can fill your prescription on-site or through our online pharmacy.
6. Do you perform teeth cleaning or dental?
Regular dental care is an important part of maintaining good overall health. All procedures are under anesthesia because this is the only way to thoroughly clean a pet’s teeth. After the veterinarian’s exam, we will provide a cost estimate in advance.
7. Do you do x-rays or ultrasound?
X-rays are done every day. For ultrasound exams, we believe it is in the best interests of your pet to see a board-certified radiologist at a specialty hospital.
8. Do you do boarding or doggy daycare?
9. Do you treat exotics, birds, or pocket pets?
No, we specialize in the comprehensive medical and surgical care of dogs and cats.
10. Do your veterinarians perform orthopedic surgery?
Jay Rowan has over 30 years of experience in a wide variety of surgical procedures. He regularly performs knee surgery (cruciate ligament repair) and other orthopedic procedures on a case-by-case basis. He is happy to give a second opinion on your pet’s case at no charge.
11. Am I able to pick up my pet on Saturday or Sunday?
We are open Saturday morning, but closed Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.