Frequently Asked Questions
Paoli Vetcare is continually impressed by the care, knowledge, empathy and curiosity that is exhibited by the pet owners that come through our doors. You all truly care about your pets, which is why we are more than happy to answer any questions you might have about their growth, health, and needs. We are happy to answer questions about medication, routine wellness exams, surgeries, appointments, behavior changes, and more!
There’s no such thing as a dumb question, and uncommon unknowns are more common than you might think! Google doesn’t have all the answers, and our well-trained and caring staff loves to answer any type of question you might have. When the human world rapidly changes, so does the world of your pets, and we are also happy to offer virtual appointment options if you have an emergency question but cannot make it into the clinic.
1. Do I need an appointment?
Yes, we usually see patients by appointment. The exception is a serious emergency during oﬃce hours, in that case, start driving to the hospital and call on your way, if possible. You have a number of convenient ways to schedule an appointment with Paoli Vetcare. Call or text, email, or schedule online.
2. Can I get help over the phone?
Definitely! We are always here to help. We’ll answer questions about fees or help you troubleshoot issues such as:
- Should my pet be seen right away?
- Is there anything I can do right now for my pet at home?
- Is a telemedicine appointment right for my pet’s condition?
3. Does Paoli Vetcare do pet grooming?
At this time, we do not have a we can oﬀer baths with brush-outs and basic trimming/clipping. We aren’t able to do breed-specific clips. We do provide veterinarian-supervised sedation if your dog or cat requires it.
4. Will Paoli Vetcare send my pet’s vaccine records for boarding, grooming, or specialty care?
No problem, just call, text, or email us with the contact info.
5. Do you fill pharmacy prescriptions?
Yes, we can fill your prescription on-site or through our online pharmacy.
6. Do you perform teeth cleaning or dental?
Regular dental care is an important part of maintaining good overall health. All procedures are under anesthesia because this is the only way to thoroughly clean a pet’s teeth. After the veterinarian’s exam, we will provide a cost estimate in advance.
7. Do you do x-rays or ultrasound?
X-rays are done every day. For ultrasound exams, we believe it is in the best interests of your pet to see a board-certified radiologist at a specialty hospital.
8. Do you do boarding or doggy daycare?
9. Do you treat exotics, birds, or pocket pets?
No, we specialize in the comprehensive medical and surgical care of dogs and cats.
10. Do your veterinarians perform orthopedic surgery?
Jay Rowan has over 30 years of experience in a wide variety of surgical procedures. He regularly performs knee surgery (cruciate ligament repair) and other orthopedic procedures on a case-by-case basis. He is happy to give a second opinion on your pet’s case at no charge.
11. Am I able to pick up my pet on Saturday or Sunday?
We are open Saturday morning, but closed Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.