At Paoli Vetcare, we believe that regular checkups and wellness exams are critical to your pet’s well-being. We keep meticulous medical records and recommend further testing only when we find a potential problem in need of further investigation.
Regardless of age, regular checkups are always encouraged. Senior cats deserve special care, so we’ve compiled a list of our most helpful tips!
- Schedule veterinarian checkups at least twice a year. The older your senior cat, the more important it is to maintain good health.
- Be more informed and aware of your senior cat’s condition. Observe your cat on a regular basis to stay on top of any potential symptoms of diseases.
- To ease digestion, consider feeding your cat several meals a day instead, of one large serving.
- Avoid overfeeding – obesity can lead to numerous health problems and may shorten your cat’s life.
- Keep your cat on a regular exercise routine to help preserve muscle tone and to keep bones and joints strong.
- Don’t overlook your cat’s dental health. Have your cat’s teeth cleaned by your veterinarian when advised, and brush them at home on a regular basis.
- Have your veterinarian perform regular vaccinations.
- Keep your senior cat’s bed and surrounding area clean, and always remain proactive in controlling fleas.
- Because senior cats are prone to inactivity, inspect your cat’s nails on a regular basis and trim them when necessary.
- Don’t forget to give your cat plenty of love and attention – the keys to a healthier and more fulfilling life for your senior cat!
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a wellness check-up, please contact our office!