Paoli Vetcare Veterinary Technician Job Opening
This Paoli Vetcare position is an essential job during an uncertain time that allows you to stay safe with company-issued PPE. Join our fast-paced team in a growing two-plus veterinarian practice. Our animal hospital is AAHA-accredited, Fear Free certified, and 5-star Google reviewed. We’re a family vet practice with a long-term loyal client base. Excellent pay and benefits. Full-time or part-time.
Is a Paoli Vetcare Veterinary Technician job for you?
Pros: You can bring your dog to work!! Clients of this vet practice are incredibly kind and a joy to work with everyday. Check out Paoli Vetcare’s Google Reviews and Client Testimonials to get insight into working here. Nice vets and co-workers makes a happy, productive work environment. Never boring. Great schedule for a veterinary job—closed evenings, Saturday afternoons, Sundays, & holidays. Many long-term employees. Try a working interview to see if this is the right job for you. Opportunity to advance, bonuses, & regular raises. Pay $15 – $30 per hour — based on experience and certifications.
Cons: Busy vet hospital—must multi-task & troubleshoot issues to always provide exceptional client service. Some long days every week (7:45am-6:15pm) and once monthly Saturday morning (7:45am-12:15pm). Curbside service due to COVID, so you’ll meet clients car-side. Lot’s of client and pet names to remember.
Pandemic: Job security (essential business) with lower risk to personal safety (small team and minimal client interaction). Flu vaccination is encouraged and paid time off is available for positive COVID test quarantine periods. Daily online COVID screening of all employees for a safe and healthy work environment.
Ideal Candidate — Job Responsibilities:
- Certified Veterinary Technician — CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT
- Will consider experienced techs who are not licensed
- Fear Free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified
- Assist veterinarians with comfort, restraint, and daily care of our patients
- Assist in exams, restraint, surgery, dentistry
- Independently complete checklist of requested diagnostic tests and medical treatments
- Anesthesia — maintenance, monitoring, and record keeping
- Collect specimens and run laboratory tests, place catheters, perform radiographers take x-rays
- Responsible for the care and treatment of hospitalized and surgical patients
- Accurate and thorough medical record keeping
- Cornerstone software, digital radiography, and in-house lab — fully updated January 2021
- Provide for the constant cleanliness of the hospital and sterilization of equipment
- Manage the flow from check-in, to exam, to check-out — ensuring an exceptional client and patient experience
- Communicate with the pet owner, veterinarian, and hospital team professionally and compassionately
- Pick up and release animals to their owners carside
- Enjoy working in teams — guide and mentor fellow members
- Comfortable learning new software programs — open to innovation
Job Skills — Questions to Consider
- Do you love people as much as you love animals?
- Do people praise your ability to remember them & their pets?
- Do you enjoy troubleshooting and problem-solving?
- Do your friends value your advice & support?
- Do you enjoy implementing new technology & developing efficient protocols?
- Do you prefer an organized, fast-paced, & collaborative environment?
- Are you able to think fast & work well independently?
Recommended Experience and Traits
Social Media & Review Links
Ready to apply?
Due to a large number of responses to our job posting, we have decided to use a pre-employment assessment as a first round evaluation. The test will take no more than an hour and each part can be completed separately, so you need not take it all at once. The assessment helps us determine if you will be a good fit for the job. The next step in the selection process is a Zoom interview followed by an in-person meeting at our veterinary practice. Thank you for taking the time to complete this test.